Toddler (4) dies after touching live ‘illegal’ electric wire at Burgersdorp Village


By Staff Reporter

BURGERSDORP: An investigation is under way by Maake police after a four-year-old boy died after touching live wires at Burgersdorp Village on Sunday, June 12.

The child was allegedly with his siblings walking from their aunt’s place at about 17H30 in the same village when the tragic incident happened. The children ran home to inform their mother that their younger brother was shocked by an open live wire that was lying on the ground.

The victim was certified dead on the scene by the medical emergency personnel.

The deceased was identified as Tebatso Thabang Makhata .

The Police in Maake have opened a case of inquest and investigation is underway.

The Provincial Commissioner of the Police in Limpopo Lieutenant General Thembi Hadebe is saddened by the tragic incident and urged residents to report illegal activities including illegal electricity connections that are taking place to the police in order to prevent these types of incidents from happening.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *