Directorate: Examinations Management
Package: As per applicable Personnel Administrative Measures (PAM) rates
Requirements: An appropriate recognised Academic qualification: Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate Vocational. Only registered students at tertiary institutions, unemployed persons with one or more tertiary qualification and unemployed graduates may apply. Applicants must possess advanced numerical skills with Mathematics or Accounting as a compulsory subject. Second year and above tertiary students will be advantaged. Please indicate previous experience in examinations administration as an Examination Assistant [ Marking Centre or Office based]. The nature of the work is linked to tight deadlines and thus requires that the successful candidate be able to work under pressure.
- Receive control and distribute scripts to marking teams.
- Ensure the correct number of scripts and marksheet per batch during marking.
- Assist with controlling, distribution and scanning of scripts.
- Ensure all questions are marked, marks added correctly and correctly transferred to the front cover of the script.
- Ensure that the total on each script is correct and correctly transferred to the marksheet.
- Ensure that discrepancies regarding all the above are addressed by the marking teams and amendments effected accordingly on both the script and marksheet.
- Reconcile the number of scripts, control and arrange scripts per subject, paper, numerically for indexed archival after marking.
Notes: Persons writing National Senior Certificate /Senior Certificate and AET Examinations in 2021, persons who have taken the VSP and persons employed elsewhere may NOT apply and will not be considered.
Enquiries:Mr Harry Culling
Telephone Number: 010 601 8082
Email Address: ExamAssistants@gauteng.gov.za
Closing Date:18 September 2021