The Small Enterprise Foundation (SEF) is a not-for-profit, pro-poor microfinance institution working towards the eradication of poverty.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Small Enterprise Foundation is looking to fill an intern position with the Research & Development department (Larger Loan Programme-LLP). The intern should expect to contribute to a range of projects but will solely be focused on Larger Loan Programme offered by the organisation. LLP seeks to empower clients with larger businesses and to further our mission of alleviating poverty throughout South Africa. Other work will be assigned based on organisational needs, as well as the skill set, experience and interests of the intern.
The intern will be based in Tzaneen; and will be required to work onsite and remotely. SEF provides all interns with accommodation and a monthly stipend.
The intern is expected to participate in the development and implementation of our scale-up strategy which includes…
1. MIS implementation
2. Data analysis and reporting
3. Strengthening our risk management framework
4. Enhancing our non-financial services offering
Ideal candidates should possess a mix of the following characteristics:
1. University education in development, business, finance, or a related field
2. Passion for poverty alleviation
3. Able to work diligently with limited oversight
4. Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
5. Programming skills or experience on an IT implementation project would be a plus
6. Any experience in microfinance or assisting a development project would be an advantage as well
8. Must be willing to spend time in the Limpopo Region of South Africa.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send CV/Resume and a cover letter, Certified ID Copy, Matric Certificate and Qualification/s to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11 September 2020
TYPE: Contract Internship
NB: Any incomplete or late application will not be considered. Should you not hear from us three weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Sourced from N’wamitwa Times