Grade R learner dies after eating rat poison during lunch break


By Kabelo Abel Mokgalabone

TSHAMAHANSI : The Limpopo Department of Education has reacted to the death of a 5-year-old boy who died upon returning from school.

Kamogelo Donald Baloyi, a grade R learner at Nkgodi Siphungo Primary School in Tshamahansi outside Mokopane died after consuming rat poison during lunch break.

The incident took place on Thursday, the 14th of March.

The deceased was allegedly given the poisonous substance by an 11-year-old learner.

Limpopo Education MEC Mavhungu Lerule-Ramakhanya has sent her condolences to the family.

An inquest has been opened and the deceased is expected to be laid to rest this coming weekend.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *