External Bursary 2020/21
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified youth
undergraduate students who are residents of Phalaborwa municipal area for external Mayoral bursary for the 2021 academic year. Youth undergraduate must be between ages 16 to 35.
EXTERNAL BURSARY ADVERTISEMENTS 2020/21
On successful application, the municipality will fund the following: –
• Bachelor Degrees
• National Diploma
• TVET Diplomas
In addressing the scarce and critical skills as aligned with the approved IDP, preference will be given to learners who are pursuing the following field of studies: –
• Engineering studies, Town Regional Planning, Commerce as well as Environmental Science.
The following are the minimum requirements: –
• Applicants must be residents of Ba-Phalaborwa.
• Applicants must be youth, unemployed, and never participated in a bursary scheme before.
• Students who are financially needy and academic deserving.
• Applicants must have clean criminal records.
• Applicants must attach an acceptance letter from the institution applied for.
• Preference will be given to disadvantaged individuals and proof, therefore, should be provided
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS SHOULD ACCOMPANY APPLICATION FORM
Motivation letter, proof of residence, (Water lights/ letter from traditional leaders, the letter from Ward councilor), acceptance letter from the recognised institution applied for and completed registration forms, Grade 12 final results, copy of certified ID, parents proof of income/ death certificate, Affidavit in the case where the student does not have one or both parents.
• Applications forms are available at the Speaker’s Office, Ba-Phalaborwa website, and HR office no. H27
• Applications must be submitted to Ba-Phalaborwa Municipality Vacancy Box
Closing date: 30 November 2020.